Free kombucha scobys starter culture
Take care of your gut biome and health with this great probiotic drink culture which can be made with loads of different teas!
Only scoby starter culture and starter tea to be provided.
Please make sure you have a 2ltr glass jar, a couple of glass bottles as shown in the picture, as well as preferably organic green tea bags (I just use clipper), and organic white sugar to be able to make your own!
Kombucha making process:
– cleanse/sanitize (boiling water not soap) a 1.5/2lt glass kilner
– place 4-6 tea bags, a half to 3/4 cup of organic white sugar and fill up to 3/4 with boiling water and stir (I use the handle end of a wooden spoon – NEVER USE METAL AT ALL WITH KOMBUCHA)
– Once either Luke warm or cool, remove the tea bags (can be removed earlier for less strong kombucha) and place the kombucha and starter culture in the kilner jar with the tea.
– Cover with cheese cloth and secure with elastic band
– Wait around 7 days
– Try with a straw to see if to taste (leave and try every subsequent day till desired taste if still too sweet)
– If ready, decant – all but a cup full – into smaller glass bottles to second ferment. It is now ready to drink!
– You can then use your previous cup full as a starter liquid for your next batch and start the cycle again!