I have some scobies that need rehoming! 🙂
Bring a clean little jar with you so you can take some of the kombucha too to use as a starter.
1. For every 2 litres of boiled water, mix this with 4 green or black tea bags (or tea spoons of loose tea) and 1/2 cup of sugar, and leave to cool. Scale the ratio up or down as desired. Tip: you can use less water here and top it up later with cold water to make up the ratio and which also cools the sweet tea down faster.
2. Add this sweet tea to 1 cup of SCOBY starter liquid or kombucha saved from your last batch. Use a glass jar.
3. Cover with cheesecloth or kitchen towel and leave for 5-7 days, depending on taste.
4. Bottle your kombucha and save 1 cup for the next batch.
5. With your bottled kombucha, you can add flavours to it such as fruit, ginger, or herbs. You can leave it out to ferment for a bit longer or pop it into the fridge to enjoy later.