OLIO is a carbon negative company 🌿
OLIO is already a carbon negative company because we divert far more greenhouse gas emissions than we produce. In fact, the carbon emissions we create as a business is offset by only 4% of all the carbon we’re saving as a result of our waste busting activities 🤯 🤩
Nonetheless, we’re committed to ongoing measurement of our carbon footprint and reducing it where we can, to help keep global warming below 1.5°C – the critical level of heating to avoid the worst impacts of the climate crisis.
The commitments we’re making 🌍
As part of our Carbon Negative commitment, we will:
- Measure all our global organisation’s emissions, including scope 3, and report them publicly each year.
- Publish more details about how we are already beating net zero and interim targets to reduce our emissions yet further.
- Continue to be a Carbon Negative business through our core work to reduce food waste.
- Appoint a member of our Senior Leadership Team to be responsible and accountable for our carbon emissions targets.
- Communicate our climate commitments in other meaningful ways, including to our customers.
- Report our progress to our Board annually, and on our website.
Working towards zero emissions:
- User sessions facilitated by carbon-heavy mobile data providers
- Website hits due to inefficient design
- Encourage and incentivise our community to switch to a green mobile data provider from Q4 2021
- Redesign our website to decrease emissions by 40% by Q3 2022